Sunday, February 17, 2008

Idioms will not be included on quiz #2

After I finished writing the quiz last night and posting the study guide on the blog, I realized that I hadn't included any questions about the academic idioms. I have decided that we will have an idiom quiz but not until Feb 28th. By then ALL of you will have given your idiom presentations.

On Feb 28th, Santiago & Maria will give their idiom presentations. Also on Feb 28th, we will have our first guest speaker in class, Mary Ann Jones, from the Health Center. She will give a brief presentation about the Health Center. During her lecture, you will take notes. Following her presentation, you will take a "note-taking" quiz (you will use your notes to answer questions) and on this quiz I will include the academic idioms. For the idiom section of this quiz, you will not be allowed to use any notes. I will have a matching section--each idiom will be listed as well as their definitions. For the next section, I haven't decided how I will write it. Either I will ask you to use about five idioms in a sentence OR I will give you a situation and you will tell me which idiom fits with this idea.

A couple of you have posted your idiom presentations on the blog. This is a great idea and a big help to your classmates!! If you typed your presentation (most of you have because you emailed them to me), feel free to post your idiom presentation to the blog. Please make your blog posting title your idiom.

No comments: