Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Idiom

“Get a kick out of something”.

Meaning: to enjoy something, to have fun doing something.

Another way to say: to like or to enjoy

You can use this idiom in sistuations to explain that you are excited about something, or you found something that is really funny or something that makes you laugh a lot.

For example: I get kick out of watching Tom and Jerry because this cartoon is very funny. Or, My niece got a kick out of the new game.

1st interview : Anne - high school student - lives in Roseville - wants to become a Dentist

2nd interview: Jessica - my friend at 49er Regional Occupational Program - lives in Auburn - has just finished high shool - wants to be a nurse.

3rd interview: Sherri - my sister’s friend - lives in Rocklin.

I learned something while working on this project. Now I know how to start a conversation with strangers and how to ask them information about something like you have to introduce yourself first, ask their name, their permission and then tell them why you want to interview them.

No comments: