Hello Every Body, I’m Santiago and Today. I’m here to talk about My Childhood hero her name is Eleanor Roosevelt.
I choose Eleanor for this presentation because she brought immediately to the present a memory of my childhood. When, I read the list.
When I was a child my family sent me to study Elementary 4 Grade in a Boarding School. It was located in the highest part of Bogota. From my Classroom I could see the city. One day a new building construction caught my attention in special its name that even I couldn’t pronounce it in that time “Institute Franklin Delano Roosevelt Pediatric Clinic”. It’s specialized in the polio sickness treatment. At that time couldn’t understand how members of the Roosevelt Family from other country gave us some help to build this clinic.
Eleanor was born In New York City in October 18-84
She had very hard and unhappy childhood. She was living in a terrible sadness and loneliness. Her father always gone of home trying to fight his alcoholism he was hospitalized when she had 7.
Her mom constantly rejected her, calling Granny “at 8 his Mom die, and after that two years later she became an orphan when his father die.”
She went to live with her grandmother, being abused for her also. She learn in harshly way that beauty spoke as powerful as money all of these circumstances gave to her the most strong and invincible spirit and it made to survive her childhood.
A fifteen Eleanor was sent to London to study in a boarding school that time was the happiest time in her youth life in London she become a teacher. She returns to New York Tree years later. She star working like a teacher from a school that she was a cofounder.
She had five children from her marriage with Frank D. Roosevelt her cousin. She was a devote mom until their kids grown up. During the World War I she becoming active in public service she work for the American Red Cross at the Navy Hospitals
After her husband suffered a polio attack in 1921 her husband got the polio she start helping Franklin in his political carrier, When her husband became president in 1933, Eleanor give a significantly changed the role of the first lady in the white House. She didn’t want to stay in the background and holding household shores; she showed to the world that the first lady had an important role in American politics.
During World War II, Eleanor supported the war effort and traveled overseas to visit U.S. troops. After her husband's death in 1945, she was selected to be a delegate to the United Nations General Assembly, serving from 1945 to 1953. She also became the chair of the UN's Human Rights Commission. As a part of this commission, she helped to write the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Eleanor gave press conferences and even wrote her own newspaper column entitled My Day. She has own radio show, besides her political work, Eleanor also wrote her Autobiography (1961). She made a return to public service the same year when the President John F. Kennedy made her a delegate to the United Nations. He also selected her to serve as chairwoman of the Commission on the Status of Women. She once said; "Do something every day that makes you afraid." Good advice and she followed her own words with sincerity and devotion. She was an extraordinary woman who wanted to give her life to the world.
Eleanor died of cancer on November 1962. A revolutionary first lady she was the most outspoken women to ever live in the White House.
Now today doing the research for this presentation I discovery a very remarkable woman who helped her husband during his USA presidency she did a lot of things for him and for this country during her life can say I discovered my childhood Heroin.
By Santiago
No comments:
Post a Comment