Sunday, March 2, 2008

Study Guide for Quiz #3--Sorry it's late

Study guide for 555L Chapter 3 Quiz

Part 1 – Review and study your notes from Activity 1 (pg. 54-55), Activity 6 (pp. 58-60) and Activity 9 (pg. 64), & Activity 13 (pp. 68-69). I will read five comprehension questions based on these activities. All of the questions will be multiple choice.

Parts 2 & 3 – I will give a two-part lecture (~3-4 minutes long) about noise--physical and semantic. I will give the lecture twice. You will take notes during the lecture. For the first exercise, you will fill in a graphic organizer. For the second part, I will read a situation and you will choose whether this scenario is an example of physical noise or semantic noise.

Part 4 – You will answer four questions; study the definitions and examples for inter-personal, intrapersonal, and mass communication, and the three components that are similar in interpersonal and mass communication. In the final section, you will be given 8 symbols from pg. 65. You will need to write what the eight symbols stand for.

*Based on this study guide, I encourage you to post two questions/answers to the blog by Monday, March 3rd at midnight. This is not a requirement though and you will not be given credit this time around for posting to the blog.*

*If you have any questions, please email me*

Study well & see you Tuesday!

No comments: