Study guide for the Chapter 5 Quiz
Part 1
Review and study Activity 16 (pgs. 130-131) and the blue strategy box “Becoming a Critical Thinker & Listener” (pg. 129). For Part I, I will read aloud four sentences. You will choose whether the sentence is the definition of a FACT, EXAMPLE, STATISTIC, or PERSONAL OPINION.
Part 2
I will read three statements. You will choose the appropriate response to express your agreement. The responses will be multiple choice. Study the blue strategy box on pg. 134.
Part 3
You will have four sentences. You will need to underline the cause(s) once and the effect(s) twice. Study Activity 10 (pg. 121) and read over the Power Grammar box on pg. 120. Activity 10 answers are available as a Word document on our Quia webpage: http://www.quia.com/pages/esl555l.html
To prepare for part 4, STUDY: Your notes from Activity 12 (pgs. 123-125)
Be prepared to define the following terms: desensitized and critic.
Give two arguments that oppose media violence AND two arguments that defend media
*I encourage you to post two-three questions/answers to the blog by Wednesday, April 23rd at midnight.
*If you have any questions, please email me. It looks like my email is working! :0)
Study well & see you Thursday!
Grace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment